Yesterday one of our clients, HamlinDrug, held a Bike & Beach Party at their store. Immediately following the event, we debriefed and documented some of our key take aways. Based on the feedback we got from our team, I wanted to share some key items to help you have a successful event for your business.
- Create a Theme be sure to carry the theme through from beginning to end, from your marketing to the execution on the day of the event.
- Think Beyond the Usual Suspects use this as an opportunity to get some new customers/clients to experience your business. Don’t just market to the usual suspects. Brainstorm ways to get some new faces through the door. We offered gifts for businesses that brought more than 1 person.
- Prizes, Drawings, Raffles Oh My! Let’s face it people LOVE free stuff, when you’re asking someone to take time out of their busy schedules, you have to make it worth their time. Offer gifts, prizes and drawings that are in-line with your theme. Those small things can have a HUGE impact on your attendance.
- Partner, Partner, Partner You’ll here me say this a lot. Partnering affords you the opportunity to offer that little something extra that you may not be able to achieve on your own; be it gifts or prizes, marketing or even attendance. Creating a partnership can easily take your event to the next level.
- Remember your Brand any event should be an extension of the company’s brand. As you begin to create your event be sure it is in line with your brand and meets your marketing objectives.